* RFA: Generation of additional sections after size_seg
@ 2009-06-01 13:44 Kai Tietz
From: Kai Tietz @ 2009-06-01 13:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Binutils

Hello,

I am working on a patch to generate xdata/pdata section for x64. The
xdata contains offsets relative to the function entry, but it
recomments, that this offset has 1 byte size. If the offset is bigger,
then additional function entries have to be generated (chained
elements) to express this. This leads no to the problem, that I need
to have the .text section already sized to figure out what how
xdata/pdata has to be written. But when I add those sections after the
sizing (in write_object_file), the symbols aren't anymore resolveable.
At least I get always the message "internal error: fixup not contained
within frag".
Possibly somebody could give me a hint on how to solve this. Otherwise
I see no other chance to emit here intermediate content for the linker
and do the generation of those data there, but I would like to avoid
this (as it isn't standard anymore).

Cheers,
Kai

PS: I can post the patch I made so far, if somebody is interested in.

--
|  (\_/) This is Bunny. Copy and paste
| (='.'=) Bunny into your signature to help
| (")_(") him gain world domination

* Re: RFA: Generation of additional sections after size_seg
@ 2009-06-01 13:55 ` Dave Korn
From: Dave Korn @ 2009-06-01 13:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Kai Tietz; +Cc: Binutils

Kai Tietz wrote:

> PS: I can post the patch I made so far, if somebody is interested in.

  Yes please.  I'll have some spare time to help while I'm waiting for

    cheers,
      DaveK

* Re: RFA: Generation of additional sections after size_seg
@ 2009-06-19  9:16   ` Kai Tietz
From: Kai Tietz @ 2009-06-19  9:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Dave Korn; +Cc: Binutils

2009/6/1 Dave Korn <dave.korn.cygwin@googlemail.com>:
> Kai Tietz wrote:
>
>> PS: I can post the patch I made so far, if somebody is interested in.
>
>  Yes please.  I'll have some spare time to help while I'm waiting for
>
>    cheers,
>      DaveK

Hello Dave,

could you find a way to generate those sections after the .code
section is frobed?

Cheers,
Kai