From: Dave Korn <dave.korn.cygwin@gmail.com>
To: Tristan Gingold <gingold@adacore.com>
Cc: binutils@sources.redhat.com
Subject: Re: binutils-2.20.90 snapshot is available
Date: Mon, 08 Nov 2010 16:49:00 -0000	[thread overview]

On 08/11/2010 16:41, Tristan Gingold wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have just uploaded prerelease 2.20.90 for binutils 2.21 at:
> ftp://sourceware.org/pub/binutils/snapshots/binutils-2.20.90.tar.bz2
>
> 6a8734ea7fe5c46b12a2619881bb7ada  binutils-2.20.90.tar.bz2
>
> This snapshot was sanity-checked for i686-pc-linux-gnu
> Please test it for your favorite hosts/targets.
>
> Tristan.

  Tristan, sorry.  Over the weekend I have been debugging GCC PR42690(*) and I
have determined that I need to throw in a last-minute emergency fix to the
plugin interface.  It should be ready and tested by the end of this evening
GMT.  I'll keep you updated if there's any delay.  It would be really good to
get this into the release rather than .1; however the final call is with you
of course.

  The fix itself will be very small and safe: I have to resolve symbols as
PREVAILING_DEF rather than PREVAILING_DEF_IRONLY under some more (simple
logic) conditions than it currently does.

    cheers,
      DaveK