* GPG SIgnature Inquiry
@ 2010-12-18  5:41 TCB
From: TCB @ 2010-12-18  5:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: binutils

Hello,

Just downloaded the latest Binutils and its associated signature file,
but have been unable to locate the public key using using DSA key ID
4AE55E93 anywhere on the BINUTILS or GNU site.

Tried using that Key Id with some keyservers but no luck there either.

Please advise,

TCB

Please do not send me Microsoft Office/Apple iWork documents.

Send OpenDocument instead!

To learn why, goto:

http://fsf.org/campaigns/opendocument/

* Re: GPG SIgnature Inquiry
@ 2010-12-20 18:39 ` Dave Korn
From: Dave Korn @ 2010-12-20 18:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: TCB; +Cc: binutils, Tristan Gingold

On 18/12/2010 05:08, TCB wrote:
> Hello,
>

> Just downloaded the latest Binutils and its associated signature file,
> but have been unable to locate the public key using using DSA key ID
> 4AE55E93 anywhere on the BINUTILS or GNU site.
>
> Tried using that Key Id with some keyservers but no luck there either.
>
> Please advise,
>
> TCB

  According to:

http://sourceware.org/ml/binutils/2008-10/msg00253.html

it was uploaded to certserver.pgp.com, but that seems down now; however, the
key can still be accessed through the web interface at https://keyserver.pgp.com

  Tristan, how about uploading the key also to http://pgp.mit.edu/ ?

    cheers,
      DaveK

* Re: GPG SIgnature Inquiry
@ 2010-12-21  8:42   ` Tristan Gingold
From: Tristan Gingold @ 2010-12-21  8:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Dave Korn; +Cc: TCB, binutils

On Dec 20, 2010, at 7:57 PM, Dave Korn wrote:

> On 18/12/2010 05:08, TCB wrote:
>> Hello,
>>

>> Just downloaded the latest Binutils and its associated signature file,
>> but have been unable to locate the public key using using DSA key ID
>> 4AE55E93 anywhere on the BINUTILS or GNU site.
>>
>> Tried using that Key Id with some keyservers but no luck there either.
>>
>> Please advise,
>>
>> TCB
>
>  According to:
>
> http://sourceware.org/ml/binutils/2008-10/msg00253.html
>
> it was uploaded to certserver.pgp.com, but that seems down now; however, the
> key can still be accessed through the web interface at https://keyserver.pgp.com
>
>  Tristan, how about uploading the key also to http://pgp.mit.edu/ ?

Done.

Tristan.

* Re: GPG SIgnature Inquiry
@ 2010-12-21 13:02     ` Dave Korn
From: Dave Korn @ 2010-12-21 13:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Tristan Gingold; +Cc: TCB, binutils

On 21/12/2010 08:18, Tristan Gingold wrote:
> On Dec 20, 2010, at 7:57 PM, Dave Korn wrote:
>
>> On 18/12/2010 05:08, TCB wrote:
>>> Hello,
>>>

>>> Just downloaded the latest Binutils and its associated signature file,
>>> but have been unable to locate the public key using using DSA key ID
>>> 4AE55E93 anywhere on the BINUTILS or GNU site.
>>>
>>> Tried using that Key Id with some keyservers but no luck there either.
>>>
>>> Please advise,
>>>
>>> TCB
>>  According to:
>>
>> http://sourceware.org/ml/binutils/2008-10/msg00253.html
>>
>> it was uploaded to certserver.pgp.com, but that seems down now; however, the
>> key can still be accessed through the web interface at https://keyserver.pgp.com
>>
>>  Tristan, how about uploading the key also to http://pgp.mit.edu/ ?
>
> Done.

  Thanks, now "gpg --recv-keys 4AE55E93" works at the command-line.

    cheers,
      DaveK