On 01/02/2011 23:18, Dave Korn wrote: > On 01/02/2011 23:11, Dave Korn wrote: > >> I need to see what we're doing with the BFD usrdata field. A quick grep >> suggests it points to the input statement, which if it can be relied on will >> entirely obviate the need for either the suffix or an extra flag in BFD. > > No, or not directly, anyway; it isn't set early enough. Actually, I spoke too soon. It gets set when load_symbols calls ldlang_add_file, which happens before the actual call to bfd_link_add_symbols, so I think it should be safe. Was going to send this in along with the rest of the patches as a bundle later, but here's a preview. cheers, DaveK