I recently updated a plugin to use the file descriptor directly. This worked fine in gold, but had two issues using bfd (nm and ar): *) The filesize was not being set. *) The code expected the claim_file callback to not seek. That is not my understanding from reading the api documentation in http://gcc.gnu.org/wiki/whopr/driver, so the attached patch fixes both issues. 2010-02-08 Rafael Ávila de Espíndola * plugin.c (bfd_plugin_object_p): Correctly set the filesize and handle claim_file seeking. Cheers, Rafael