* ld: target not found collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
@ 2011-05-04 11:14 naga raj
From: naga raj @ 2011-05-04 11:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: binutils

Hi,

  I have ported binutils-2.21.to a embedded target.

  For big endian( I made big-endian as default) it is working fine.

 But when I use -mlittle-endian flag in compiler it is generating
error as ld: target  not found collect2: ld returned 1 exit status.

 So in my attempts I have used -c -mlittle-endian flags in compilation

 ex: zz-gcc -c -mlittle-endian abc.c

 and I linked manually with -EL option then it is working fine.

  ex: zz-ld -N -EL abc.o

 Can any one please help me in resolving this issue.

Thanks,
Nagaraju

* Re: ld: target not found collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
@ 2011-05-10 16:32 ` Nick Clifton
From: Nick Clifton @ 2011-05-10 16:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: naga raj; +Cc: binutils

Hi Nagaraju,

>   But when I use -mlittle-endian flag in compiler it is generating
> error as ld: target  not found collect2: ld returned 1 exit status.
>
>   So in my attempts I have used -c -mlittle-endian flags in compilation
>
>   ex: zz-gcc -c -mlittle-endian abc.c
>
>   and I linked manually with -EL option then it is working fine.
>
>    ex: zz-ld -N -EL abc.o

Possibly gcc is not passing the -EL option to the linker when performing
the final link ?

Cheers
   Nick