Hi Nick, On 06/28/2011 07:37 AM, Nick Clifton wrote: > Hi Catherine, > > I like this patch, but I am afraid that I cannot approve it yet. There > are still several problems that need to be addressed: > > * You did not test building a toolchain configured with > "--enable-targets=all --enable-64-bit-bfd". There were several targets > that did not build because they did not define an appropriate > xxx_bfd_lookup_section_flags macro. > This has now been done. > > * The new linker tests fail for targets that do not support the > INPUT_SECTION_FLAGS feature. (Ie the ones that use > bfd_generic_lookup_section_flags). > These tests have now been marked as unsupported for platforms other than elf. > * The ld.patch file contained the new linker tests, so the ld-test.patch > file could not be applied afterwards. > Sorry! > > * The code did not check for contradictory input section flags, eg: > > INPUT_SECTION_FLAGS (SHF_TLS & !SHF_TLS) Now done. Thanks for spotting that. > > > * There was no mention of this new feature in the ld/NEWS file. Now done. > > > * You have not provided a patch for GOLD. I would like to keep the two > linkers in sync, at least as far as features go. I did not implement this piece of the patch, although I might be willing to take it on down the road. It looks like you changed your mind about requiring this. > > > I hope that you will be willing to resolve these issues and submit a > revised patch. The new patch is attached. What do you think? Thanks, Catherin