From: Sean Keys <skeys@ipdatasys.com>
To: binutils@sourceware.org
Subject: Re: 68hc11/12/s12x/xgate patch
Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2011 16:52:00 -0000	[thread overview]

To follow up on Fred's email, some of the results in the spreadsheet
linked were not accurate. The reason is that when I tried to assemble my
test code I got "Relocation 14 is not supported by object file format".
  This error was caused by having a typo in the label identifier. The
error message is non-intuitive and made it difficult to notice the
mistake, especially considering the volume of other errors. I apologize
for the mistake, and misleading information given, however these errors
still seem to stand:

xgate.s: Assembler messages:
xgate.s:329: Error: Opcode `bhs' is not recognized.
xgate.s:333: Error: Opcode `blo' is not recognized.
xgate.s:346: Error: Opcode `com' is not recognized.
xgate.s:347: Error: Opcode `cpc' is not recognized.
xgate.s:348: Error: Opcode `cpc' is not recognized.
xgate.s:362: Error: Garbage at end of instruction: `ErrorHandler'.   In
my opinion, 'ldw' should be added as an alias to 'ld' as per the CPU
reference manual.
xgate.s:370: Error: Opcode `mov' is not recognized.
xgate.s:371: Error: Opcode `neg' is not recognized.
xgate.s:400: Error: Opcode `tst' is not recognized.

I have some technical questions to ask on this subject too, and will
send those at a later date.

Regards,
Sean