* cannot find crt0.o/-lc
@ 2012-06-11  8:53 Andreas Geißler
From: Andreas Geißler @ 2012-06-11  8:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: binutils

I am trying to write a backend for the gcc using my own target system.
The cc1 and the gnu assembler work fine
but after compiling and installing the gcc, i get the following
message when trying to compile a simple c-file:

c:/mingw/msys/1.0/bin/../lib/gcc/menmic/4.6.2/../../../../menmic/bin/ld.exe:
cannot find crt0.o: No such file or directory
c:/mingw/msys/1.0/bin/../lib/gcc/menmic/4.6.2/../../../../menmic/bin/ld.exe:
cannot find -lc

I found out that the error with -lc is connected with the libc and
that the crt0.o is an initialisation file.
So where and how should i describe this files?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,
Andi

* Re: cannot find crt0.o/-lc
@ 2012-06-28 15:06 ` nick clifton
From: nick clifton @ 2012-06-28 15:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andreas Geißler; +Cc: binutils

Hi Andreas,
> I found out that the error with -lc is connected with the libc and
> that the crt0.o is an initialisation file.
> So where and how should i describe this files?

libc is the C library.  This is usually created by porting one of the C
library implementations[1] to your particular target.

crt0.o is an initialization file.  There are often other initialization
files like crt1.o and crtbegin.o.  The choice is target specific.  You
will have to write the source for these files yourself, but you could
take a look at the libgloss library sources for examples of how this has
been done for other targets.

Cheers
   Nick Clifton

[1] eg glibc, newlib, uclibc,