Hi, We are developing software for different ARM targets with or without operating systems In the past, we used older versions of binutils and gcc that we have built ourselves with essentially configure --target=arm-unknown-elf --enable-interwork --enable-multilib It worked fine. But arm-unknown-elf has been deprecated and we wanted to upgrade anyway to support new cortex-m3 and m4 platforms, but we still want to support our old arm9 platforms We tried to build new versions of binutils 2.22 and gcc 4.7.1 (and 0) and newlib with the new syntax configure --target=arm-none-eabi --enable-interwork --enable-multilib Then, some of our test programs do not compile any more with error Error: selected processor does not support Thumb mode `blx r3' However, if we build the same toolchain with configure --target=arm-none-elf --enable-interwork --enable-multilib --enable-obsolete then the code compiles again as in the good'ol days... However we would like to move ahead and not use the --enable-obsolete option What is the magic formula to configure binutils and gcc ? Any idea? I provide attached a test program that fails to compile , -- Thanks for any help Vania Joloboff