Alan, Last year, IBM and Freescale agreed to change the opcodes of four new instructions. When I submitted the e6500 patch early this year, I missed those changes and used the opcodes from a previous version of our internal documentation. Attached is a patch that fixes the opcodes for: vabsdub vabsduh vabsduw mviwsplt The patch was tested for powerpc 32 bits and 64 bits with no regressions against this week's snapshot. (Recently I obtained WAA for gcc project, despite this, Freescale firewall still does not allow me to use CVS. I would appreciate if you could do the commit for us.) Thanks, Edmar opcodes/ChangeLog 2012-08-17 Edmar Wienskoski * ppc-opc.c (powerpc_opcodes): Changed opcode for vabsdub, vabsduh, vabsduw, mviwsplt. gas/testsuite/ChangeLog 2012-08-17 Edmar Wienskoski * gas/ppc/e6500.d: Changed opcode for vabsdub, vabsduh, vabsduw, mviwsplt.