Hi Daniel, Sorry for the long delay in reviewing this patch. Unfortunately I do not like the approach of converting the comment_chars and line_separator_chars arrays in *all* targets to non-constant versions. GAS already has a solution for the comment_chars array - defining tc_comment_chars - and it is a relatively simply affair to extend this to handle line_separator_chars as well. Also your patch adds a new command line option -mccs, but it does not include any documentation of it in gas/doc/c-arm.texi or gas/NEWS. So... please have a look at the attached variant patch and let me know if this is acceptable to you. Cheers Nick