* Re: problem in installing binutils.
       [not found] <CABSkACJrBhCDCxK1OMJrP8W2Sw-xRCfsY8fdb5oA+-LZNWKKsQ@mail.gmail.com>
@ 2014-06-09 13:34 ` Nicholas Clifton
From: Nicholas Clifton @ 2014-06-09 13:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Yanamadala Sirisha, bug-binutils, binutils

Hi Yanamadala Sirisha,

>    I am student working on a project. when am trying to install mspgcc on
> ubuntu 14.04 version am getting an error at "make" during installation of
> binutils...

Ah - you are running into this problem because you are using a newer
version of texinfo.  When the 2.24 sources were tested an older version
of texinfo was used, and this did not generate the errors that you have
encountered.

The solution is to either install an older texinfo or to apply a patch
to the sources you have or to use the latest development binutils
sources, which have already been fixed.  If you want to apply a patch,
try the one here:

   http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-binutils/2013-01/msg00008.html

Cheers
   Nick

only message in thread, other threads:[~2014-06-09 13:34 UTC | newest]