* binutils (was Re: Can anyone help this guy? [was Gnu ld maintainer])
       [not found] <199912222200.OAA31340@elmo.cygnus.com>
@ 1999-12-23  7:44 ` Bolan Meek
From: Bolan Meek @ 1999-12-23  7:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nick Clifton, binutils

Nick Clifton wrote:

> Hi Bolan,
>
> :   I'm trying to learn who is the maintainer of gnu ld?
> :   I saw names of contributors in the sources, but didn't
> :   catch that of the honch[o | a].
>
> There is no one such individual.  GNU ld is maintained by a group
> of programmers, some of whom work for Cygnus and some of whom do not.

I was wondering if there was any effort toward supporting Gnu ld
for hppa1.1-hp-hpux10.20.  I saw, when compiling binutils for an
HP 9000 B120, about three years ago, that this configuration was
not supported for ld.  I was a little surprised when I compliled
binutils for
an HP 9000 J200 just a couple of weeks ago, and it's still not
supported.
I'd like to help to get it in.  I have about five months in which I'll
have several HPs at my fingertips.

> If you have a problem or a bug to report you can send an email to:
>
>    binutils@sourceware.cygnus.com
>
> I hope that that helps.

Thank you.

> Cheers
>         Nick

God bless you, too.

--
Bolan Meek
Unix Systems Administrator

* Re: binutils (was Re: Can anyone help this guy? [was Gnu ld maintainer])
@ 1999-12-24  5:49   ` Jeffrey A Law
From: Jeffrey A Law @ 1999-12-24  5:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bolan.Meek; +Cc: Nick Clifton, binutils

  In message < 3862431D.4FAAF61A@wcom.com >you write:
  > I was wondering if there was any effort toward supporting Gnu ld
  > for hppa1.1-hp-hpux10.20.
Nope.  It would be a ton of work (a man year or so), with marginal
benefit since the GNU tools produce code which is compatible with the
HP tools.

jeff

* Re: binutils (was Re: Can anyone help this guy? [was Gnu ld maintainer])
@ 1999-12-23  9:50 Nick Clifton
From: Nick Clifton @ 1999-12-23  9:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bolan.Meek; +Cc: binutils

Hi Bolan,

: I was wondering if there was any effort toward supporting Gnu ld
: for hppa1.1-hp-hpux10.20.  I saw, when compiling binutils for an
: HP 9000 B120, about three years ago, that this configuration was
: not supported for ld.  I was a little surprised when I compliled
: binutils for an HP 9000 J200 just a couple of weeks ago, and it's
: still not supported.  I'd like to help to get it in.  I have about
: five months in which I'll have several HPs at my fingertips.

Please go ahead and add this support.  If you have questions then the
best place to post them is the binutils@sourceware.cygnus.com mailing
list as that will reach the widest audience of people intereswted in
this area.

Cheers
	Nick