* Plan for release 2.29 [and IMPORTANT message]
@ 2017-06-20  7:44 Tristan Gingold
From: Tristan Gingold @ 2017-06-20  7:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: binutils

Hello,

I'd like to create the release 2.29 branch at the end of June (next
week) and to create the release around July 15th (so slightly earlier
than initially planned).

As usual, if you have big pending patches, please tell us ASAP.

Also, for the IMPORTANT part: we are looking for a new release manager.
I will leave AdaCore at the end of July (that's why I need to do the
release before), and I am not sure I could continue to follow the
binutils mailing lists closely.

So, if you are a volunteer, please speak up too!

I have some scripts and doc to transmit, so don't be afraid by the work!

Tristan.

* Re: Plan for release 2.29 [and IMPORTANT message]
@ 2017-06-20 13:01 ` Matthias Klose
From: Matthias Klose @ 2017-06-20 13:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Tristan Gingold, binutils

On 20.06.2017 09:44, Tristan Gingold wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'd like to create the release 2.29 branch at the end of June (next week) and to
> create the release around July 15th (so slightly earlier than initially planned).
>
> As usual, if you have big pending patches, please tell us ASAP.

gdb already uses xz compression for it's release tarballs and compressed diffs.
GCC was also changed to xz compressed tarballs instead of bz2, but keeping gz
compressed tarballs.  Could the same be done for binutils?

Matthias

* Re: Plan for release 2.29 [and IMPORTANT message]
@ 2017-06-20 13:55   ` Tristan Gingold
From: Tristan Gingold @ 2017-06-20 13:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Matthias Klose, binutils

On 20/06/2017 15:00, Matthias Klose wrote:
> On 20.06.2017 09:44, Tristan Gingold wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I'd like to create the release 2.29 branch at the end of June (next week) and to
>> create the release around July 15th (so slightly earlier than initially planned).
>>
>> As usual, if you have big pending patches, please tell us ASAP.
>
> gdb already uses xz compression for it's release tarballs and compressed diffs.
> GCC was also changed to xz compressed tarballs instead of bz2, but keeping gz
> compressed tarballs.  Could the same be done for binutils?

Why not.

@ 2017-07-07  9:52 ` Yao Qi
From: Yao Qi @ 2017-07-07  9:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Tristan Gingold, gdb-patches; +Cc: Binutils

On Tue, Jun 20, 2017 at 8:44 AM, Tristan Gingold <gingold@adacore.com> wrote:
> I will leave AdaCore at the end of July (that's why I need to do the release
> before), and I am not sure I could continue to follow the binutils mailing
> lists closely.

Hi, Tristan,
You are GDB Darwin native maintainer, will you still be responsible
for GDB Darwin stuff.  There aren't
many patches and changes in GDB Darwin recently.

--
Yao (齐尧)

* Re: Plan for release 2.29 [and IMPORTANT message]
@ 2017-07-07 12:35   ` Tristan Gingold
From: Tristan Gingold @ 2017-07-07 12:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Yao Qi, gdb-patches; +Cc: Binutils

On 07/07/2017 11:52, Yao Qi wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 20, 2017 at 8:44 AM, Tristan Gingold <gingold@adacore.com> wrote:
>> I will leave AdaCore at the end of July (that's why I need to do the release
>> before), and I am not sure I could continue to follow the binutils mailing
>> lists closely.
>>

> Hi, Tristan,
> You are GDB Darwin native maintainer, will you still be responsible
> for GDB Darwin stuff.  There aren't
> many patches and changes in GDB Darwin recently.

I plan to either continue to maintain or to resign; not yet sure.

Tristan.