* ARM instruction decoder
@ 2014-07-01 11:45 Леша К.
From: Леша К. @ 2014-07-01 11:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: binutils

Hello all.

Can U show me doc where I can read about how to detect is current instruction ARM or THUMB?
I tried to get this information from objdump source and this is so intricately.
So i decide to ask.

With best regards,
 Aleskei

* Re: ARM instruction decoder
@ 2014-07-02 12:44 ` Nicholas Clifton
From: Nicholas Clifton @ 2014-07-02 12:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: "Леша К.", binutils

Hi Aleskei,

> Can U show me doc where I can read about how to detect is current instruction ARM or THUMB?
> I tried to get this information from objdump source and this is so intricately.

You need the "ELF for the ARM Architecture" document from ARM (document
number IHI0044E):

http://infocenter.arm.com/help/topic/com.arm.doc.ihi0044e/IHI0044E_aaelf.pdf

See section 4.5.5, entitled "Mapping Symbols" for the information you need,

Cheers
   Nick

* Re: ARM instruction decoder
@ 2014-07-30 13:44   ` Леша К.
From: Леша К. @ 2014-07-30 13:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nicholas Clifton, binutils

Hello Nick,

But if we have stripped file than it parse some instruction incorrect because there is no symbol table where to parse $a, $t etc...

So then the most general way to identify type of instruction is to emulate code and parse bx instructions?
Or I am wrong?

Thank U for help!