Tsukasa OI writes: > Hi, > > While not mandatory, I recommend that checking that the maintainer mode > works if you update gettext to 0.22.2 and update the > README-maintainer-mode file if it does. > > Nick, if modern gettext should (and can) be supported, is updating the > base maintainer mode gettext package to 0.22.2 (or something relatively > decent) okay? This change only affects the runtime library, so it should not impact maintainer-mode. I haven't tested maintainer mode thoroughly, because my system has (patched) Autoconf 2.71, and getting Autoconf 2.69 et al can be finnicky, but I do recall running a build with --enable-maintainer-mode, which had .pot files get rebuilt just fine using my usual gettext install. The change in this patchset should effectively just replace intl/ with gettext-runtime from 'gettext/' in the source tree, if provided, failing back to searching the system via AM_GNU_GETTEXT otherwise. Note that gettext-runtime also first tries probing the system unless --with-included-gettext is provided. I've just reconfigured and rebuilt binutils and GDB with maintainer mode enabled, and it seems that .pot files got rebuilt as expected, as well as some config.h.in files. It seems that I forgot to run autoheader. Building that copy on FreeBSD also seems to result in no issues. Is there anything specific I should check for when looking at maintainer mode? Have a lovely day! -- Arsen Arsenović