Alan Modra writes: > On Mon, Aug 07, 2023 at 01:07:04PM +0200, Arsen Arsenović via Binutils wrote: >> bfd/ChangeLog: >> >> * aclocal.m4: Regenerate. >> >> gold/ChangeLog: >> >> * aclocal.m4: Regenerate. >> >> intl/ChangeLog: >> >> * aclocal.m4: Regenerate. > > Hmm, these three and the gprofng changes are *not* regeneration, > because the files don't need regenerating at the start of a patch > series. Without this base commit, this diff would be inadvertently merged into subsequent patches, so I decided to separate it out at the start to get more self-contained patches. > What's more, if I apply your patch series then when I regenerate at > the end I get different generated files.. Yes, I also found this odd. I couldn't find the cause at the time of writing. > Maybe it would be better if changes to generated files are left to a > final patch that does a bulk regeneration. It would certainly be > easier to review. Hmm, my impression is that it'd be easier to handle these patches if each commit had accurate generated files. I can switch to a regeneration after the fact if so desired. -- Arsen Arsenović