Hi Guys, I am checking in the attached patch to add support for the DW_AT_specification attribute in the BFD library's DWARF parser. This has been prompted by gcc's --gdwarf-4 option which can now generate this attribute. The patch includes a new test, although it is rather picky. It only works for 64-bit targets, and then not all of those either. Ideally I should rewrite the test to be more generic but I will save that for another time. Cheers Nick bfd/ChangeLog 2020-03-19 Nick Clifton PR 25676 * dwarf2.c (struct varinfo): Add unit_offset field to record the location of the varinfo in the unit's debug info data. Change the type of the stack field to a boolean. (lookup_var_by_offset): New function. Returns the varinfo structure for the variable described at the given offset in the unit's debug info. (scan_unit_for_symbols): Add support for variables which have the DW_AT_specification attribute. binutils/ChangeLog 2020-03-19 Nick Clifton PR 25676 * testsuite/binutils-all/dw4.s: New test source file. * testsuite/binutils-all/nm.exp: Run the new test.