Hi Guys, I have recently seen several bug reports about readelf and objdump unexpectedly slowing down. The problem turns out to be due to attempts to access debuginfod servers which are either not there or just slow to respond. So to help alleviate this problem I am applying the patch below which adds a new command line option: --dwarf=do-not-use-debuginfod (objdump) --debug-dump=do-not-use-debuginfod (readelf) Along with the equivalent =use-debuginfod option and short versions of both. The default behaviour is not changed, so the patch should not impact any scripts that are currently relying upon the debuginfod support. Cheers Nick binutils/ChangeLog 2022-03-10 Nick Clifton * dwarf.c (use_debuginfod): New variable. Set to 1. (load_separate_debug_info): Only call debuginfod_fetch_separate_debug_info is use_debuginfod is true. (dwarf_select_sections_by_names): Add do-not-use-debuginfod and use-debuginfod options. (dwarf_select_sections_by_letters): Add D and E options. * dwarf.h (use_debuginfod): New extern. * objdump.c (usage): Mention the new options. * readelf.c (usage): Likewise. * doc/binutils.texi: Document the new options. * doc/debug-options.texi: Describe the new options. * NEWS: Mention the new feature. * testsuite/binutils-all/debuginfod.exp: Add tests of the new options.