Alan, Tom, Tom Tromey writes: >>>>>> "Alan" == Alan Modra via Gdb writes: > > Alan> The process goes like this: > Alan> 1) Some ports have been removed from gcc but not binutils-gdb, so > Alan> firstly revert those patches to the top-level on the gcc side. > > Alan> 2) Copy over the gcc configury and makefiles. > > FWIW, when I was doing some merges from GCC, what I generally did is > find the upstream patches, "git format-patch" them, then "git am" them > into the binutils-gdb tree, fixing up problems along the way. Thanks for the tips. I've gone ahead and cherry picked (by adding my gcc checkout as a remote in my binutils-gdb checkout and vice-versa) most diverging patches from each repo. This approach also retains authorship information (though, I will have to comb over the resulting commits to add context and adjust commit messages). A few manual interventions remain, and I've yet to synchronize the libtool forks and re-do testing. I hope to finish that by the weekend. The result should be identical trees, which will make it easier to post and review patches for the gettext update and intl/ removal. Have a lovely day. -- Arsen Arsenović