Hi Guys, I am applying the attached patch to add the ability to display unicode characters to the nm, strings, objdump and readelf tools. This is part of a response to the Trojan Source vulnerability that was recently disclosed. I am also working on a separate patch for gas, but that is not quite ready yet. Cheers Nick binutils/ChangeLog 2021-11-09 Nick Clifton * nm.c: Add --unicode option to control how unicode characters are handled. * objdump.c: Likewise. * readelf.c: Likewise. * strings.c: Likewise. * binutils.texi: Document the new feature. * NEWS: Document the new feature. * testsuite/binutils-all/unicode.exp: New file. * testsuite/binutils-all/nm.hex.unicode * testsuite/binutils-all/strings.escape.unicode * testsuite/binutils-all/objdump.highlight.unicode * testsuite/binutils-all/readelf.invalid.unicode