On 11.02.2022 06:56, Nelson Chu wrote: > On Thu, Feb 10, 2022 at 8:38 PM Jan Beulich via Binutils > wrote: >> it looks like it is this patch which has caused the ld-elf/seg-2 >> ld testcase to be failing in 2.38, as compared to 2.37. It's the >> extra phdr which looks to be getting in the way. The testcase >> already has a fair number of #xfail targets - perhaps RISC-V wants >> adding there, too? > > After building the > rv32i-newlib/rv64gc-newlib/rv32gc-glibc/rv64gc-glibc toolchains, with > master branches of gcc and glibc, and the binutils 2.38 release > branch, I don't see the error you mentioned. Could you give more > information, like which gcc or glibc branch you are using? Or other > details that might help. Well, I'm observing this in a cross build on ix86. As per the test I don't see how gcc could be involved (the sole source file is an assembly one), and it being a dump test glibc also shouldn't matter. Attached the (gzip-ed) binary that I've reproduced using the ld options logged and the object file found in ld/tmpdir/. It clearly shows that the processor-specific program header comes first, which is what is causing the test to fail (from all I can tell). Jan