* MIPS gas testsuite now XPASSes 'MIPS16 reloc 2'?
@ 2001-07-21  0:10 cgd
From: cgd @ 2001-07-21  0:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: binutils; +Cc: amodra

To get a feel for the current state of the world, I just built
cross-compilation tools from sparc-solaris to the targets:

	mips-elf
	mips-linux
	mips64-elf
	mips-ecoff

I note that the 'MIPS16 reloc 2' test now XPASSes for mips-elf and
mips64-elf (the only two of those targets for which it's run).

Anybody know if this bug is really fixed?  I'd guess that the testcase
started passing after
http://sources.redhat.com/ml/binutils/2001-06/msg00164.html was
applied, but i've not determined that for sure.

(in case anybody wants to know what's up with the rest: as one might
expect, mips-linux currently passes.  mips-ecoff fails jal-empic,
la-empic, and lifloat-empic.  not looked into the causes of those
failures.)

cgd

* Re: MIPS gas testsuite now XPASSes 'MIPS16 reloc 2'?
@ 2001-07-21  1:21 ` Eric Christopher
From: Eric Christopher @ 2001-07-21  1:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cgd; +Cc: binutils, amodra

> Anybody know if this bug is really fixed?  I'd guess that the testcase
> started passing after
> http://sources.redhat.com/ml/binutils/2001-06/msg00164.html was
> applied, but i've not determined that for sure.

I'm pretty confident that it is fixed and that it happened with that
patch.  Someone would need to test to make sure.  Why is it XPASSED
anyhow?

-eric

--
Look out behind you!

* Re: MIPS gas testsuite now XPASSes 'MIPS16 reloc 2'?
@ 2001-07-21  2:30   ` Alan Modra
From: Alan Modra @ 2001-07-21  2:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eric Christopher; +Cc: cgd, binutils

On Sat, Jul 21, 2001 at 09:20:11AM +0000, Eric Christopher wrote:

> > http://sources.redhat.com/ml/binutils/2001-06/msg00164.html was
> I'm pretty confident that it is fixed and that it happened with that
> patch.

I wasn't particularly trying to fix failing test cases when I made the
patch.  It was more a case of removing code that was no longer
necessary due to the symbol resolution changes, and fixing one or two
things I noticed in the process.

> Why is it XPASSED anyhow?

Someone decided it was too much trouble to fix the assembler and
instead marked the test as "expected to fail" (mips.exp:172).  XPASS
means an unexpected pass.

Alan

* Re: MIPS gas testsuite now XPASSes 'MIPS16 reloc 2'?
@ 2001-07-21  2:52     ` Eric Christopher
From: Eric Christopher @ 2001-07-21  2:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Alan Modra; +Cc: cgd, binutils

> I wasn't particularly trying to fix failing test cases when I made the
> patch.  It was more a case of removing code that was no longer
> necessary due to the symbol resolution changes, and fixing one or two
> things I noticed in the process.

Great.  Thanks.

> > Why is it XPASSED anyhow?
>
> Someone decided it was too much trouble to fix the assembler and
> instead marked the test as "expected to fail" (mips.exp:172).  XPASS
> means an unexpected pass.

Sometimes ;)  Anyhow, we can probably remove the xfail now that we know
it works.  Then we'll know if it starts failing again.

-eric

--
Look out behind you!