* can we append a binary file at the end of output file
@ 2011-03-14 12:42 loody
From: loody @ 2011-03-14 12:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: binutils

Hi all:
I want linker to append a  binary file at the end of output.
Should I use section command?
if so, what the format should I use?
I try below formula but it complain:
mydata.bin: file not recognized: File format not recognized

.mydata 0xbfc10000:
  {
    mydata.bin

Regards,
miloody

* Re: can we append a binary file at the end of output file
@ 2011-03-14 13:09 ` Andreas Schwab
From: Andreas Schwab @ 2011-03-14 13:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: loody; +Cc: binutils

loody <miloody@gmail.com> writes:

> I want linker to append a  binary file at the end of output.

Assemble a file containing .incbin, and link that at the end.

Andreas.

--
Andreas Schwab, schwab@redhat.com
GPG Key fingerprint = D4E8 DBE3 3813 BB5D FA84  5EC7 45C6 250E 6F00 984E

* Re: can we append a binary file at the end of output file
@ 2011-03-15 14:19   ` loody
From: loody @ 2011-03-15 14:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andreas Schwab; +Cc: binutils

hi andreas:

2011/3/14 Andreas Schwab <schwab@redhat.com>:
> loody <miloody@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> I want linker to append a  binary file at the end of output.
>
> Assemble a file containing .incbin, and link that at the end.
It works :-)
I have one question.
Since I use a dummy assembly to include the binary file, the as still
try to generate the text, data and all othere sections of the object
file.

That means I have to use exclude_file in my link script for every
section command to keep the binary that I included intact and make it
whole appended at the fix place of my program.

is there smarter way to do so, such as write exclude_file once some
where in the link script instead of writing it in every section
command?

appreciate your help,
miloody