On 13 May 2011 09:10, Alan Modra wrote: > On Fri, May 13, 2011 at 08:14:19AM +0530, Anitha Boyapati wrote: >> This is a bug. > > No, it is not.  Your script sets the VMA in two ways, an address on > the output section, *and* by specifying a region with '>'.  The > address overrides the region, so that is what you get for VMA. You Agreed. > are setting the LMA by specifying a region with 'AT>', so you get the > current address of the region for LMA. > Oops. I have missed that. Point taken. In the process of verifying further, I have changed the linker script by removing 'AT>' , still same output is observed. 1 .text_os 00000008 80000008 80000002 00000408 2**3 CONTENTS, ALLOC, LOAD, READONLY, CODE I am not specifying any LMA in this case but still I get the current location for the LMA (Is this also expected?) ( However, if I don't specify VMA using '>', both LMA and VMA are equal. Please find custom linker script attached for your convenience. ) Anitha