* how to inhibit libc.so.6 loading with ld 2.22...
@ 2014-03-04 16:26 Marcello Stanisci
From: Marcello Stanisci @ 2014-03-04 16:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: binutils

Hello everyone,
I'm using ld 2.22, on a debian wheezy system.
I would like to compile an "hello world" program using an alternative
library path, with alternative library names.
Although I can manage to tell the linker where to find those
alternative object names, actually belonging to a modified
version of glibc, it seems very difficult to forbid its (attempt of..)
on those alternatives directories.

Thanks in advance,
ms

* Re: how to inhibit libc.so.6 loading with ld 2.22...
@ 2015-03-06  5:50 ` Mike Frysinger
From: Mike Frysinger @ 2015-03-06  5:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Marcello Stanisci; +Cc: binutils

On 04 Mar 2014 17:26, Marcello Stanisci wrote:
> I'm using ld 2.22, on a debian wheezy system.
> I would like to compile an "hello world" program using an alternative
> library path, with alternative library names.
> Although I can manage to tell the linker where to find those
> alternative object names, actually belonging to a modified
> version of glibc, it seems very difficult to forbid its (attempt of..)
> on those alternatives directories.

https://sourceware.org/glibc/wiki/Debugging/Loader_Debugging
-mike

* Re: how to inhibit libc.so.6 loading with ld 2.22...
@ 2015-03-06  7:25   ` Andrew Pinski
From: Andrew Pinski @ 2015-03-06  7:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Marcello Stanisci, binutils

On Thu, Mar 5, 2015 at 9:50 PM, Mike Frysinger <vapier@gentoo.org> wrote:
> On 04 Mar 2014 17:26, Marcello Stanisci wrote:
>> I'm using ld 2.22, on a debian wheezy system.
>> I would like to compile an "hello world" program using an alternative
>> library path, with alternative library names.
>> Although I can manage to tell the linker where to find those
>> alternative object names, actually belonging to a modified
>> version of glibc, it seems very difficult to forbid its (attempt of..)
>> on those alternatives directories.
>
> https://sourceware.org/glibc/wiki/Debugging/Loader_Debugging

If you build a new enough gdb.  You can use startup-with-shell
instead.  This is not mentioned here but I used it to debug ld.so
issues where I was setting LD_AUDIT.

Thanks,
Andrew