Am Fr., 30. Juni 2023 um 14:08 Uhr schrieb Nick Clifton : > > Hi Oleg, Hi Nick. Thanks for the review. > > I have improved my patch again. This time I read the MS COFF documentation, I kept all the checks, I successfully ran "make check" in WSL and I formatted the code with clang-format. I used the GNU style and tabs for indentation. I also simplified the patch. > > Thank you. Unfortunately there are still a couple of problems > with the patch, Firstly, and most importantly, the patch triggers > a new failure in the linker testsuite: > > Running ld/testsuite/ld-linkonce/linkonce.exp ... > [...] > FAIL: pr26103 > I have run "make check" in WSL and it passed. I then rebased the patch on top of master and ran "make check" in WSL again and it passed. I can not reproduce the failure. I develop on Windows, but I even ran it on my Linux machine with Manjaro Linux and it passed. > Secondly - the patch cannot be applied from your email. Its formatting > has been corrupted, forcing me to apply it by hand. > > Lastly the patch includes a lot of unnecessary formatting changes to > unrelated code. This is annoying as it masks the true content of the > patch. Sorry, I have reverted as many formatting changes as I could. Now some of the code is indented wrong, but I could format it with clang-format later. > Please could you investigate the testsuite failure and submit a revised > patch as an attachment, rather than inline in the email. I have attached the new patch. Best regards Oleg