HI, I have noticed that the LLVM linker will add something to the .comment section of binaries it produces for the version of lld used to produce an ELF executable or shared library. For the gold liker, I see I can do a readelf -p .note.gnu.gold-version and get the version of gold used to make an ELF file. I see nothing similar for the BFD linker. So the request for enhancement is to add something to the .comment section as to which version of the BFD or gold linker was used to produce the ELF. I can file a BZ if that is the preferred way of receiving a request such as this. If this seems unreasonable to you, that's OK by me. I am asking under the guise of never ventured, nothing gained. Thanks and regards, Tom