On Mon, Jan 22, 2024 at 1:19 PM Jan Beulich wrote: > On 22.01.2024 13:11, Maxim Dementyev wrote: > > Unfortunately, apart from this, again, the objdump utility creates a > > formatted file as an output, and I can add --only-section to reduce the > > size of it and redirect it to /dev/null. > > But you're aware of objcopy's --output-target option, by using of which > you could have it produce a raw binary output file? > > I'm using GNU objcopy (Gentoo 2.41 p4) 2.41.0. There is no such a type for --output-target as raw (invalid bfd target), only binary; but this format produces a file with zero length. At the same time, if I do not use this option, by default it's elf64-x86-64 and the size is 816 bytes. The file generated by --dump-section has the length of 198 bytes, and this is all that I need, no other stuff. So I don't see how I can generate the same contents without --dump-section option, just by pointing out some other bfd format? Regards, Max --