On Sat, Apr 23, 2016 at 12:25 PM, Faraz Shahbazker wrote: >>>> You said dynsym should be treated treated the same for static and >>>> dynamic executables. dynsymcount is number of dynsym + 1 in >>>> dynamic executable. Why isn't it true for static executable? >>> >>> It is, or at least used to be, before this patch. It still is for both, >>> before renumbering. But now the +1 only happens for dynamic executables >>> when renumbering. >> >> Then what is wrong to always +1 for both dynamic and static >> executables? > > Aah, now I see! Ever since the table was created, the count was at least 1. > You are saying it should always remain at least 1 no matter what. Had a quick > look through other uses of the field and it looks safe enough to me. > Here is a patch. Does it work for you? -- H.J.