On 15 August 2014 13:49, Joel Brobecker wrote: >> 2014-08-07 Will Newton >> >> * src-release.sh: New file. > > Generally speaking, I tend to agree that a makefile is slightly > overkill for this task. The contents of the makefile is fairly > straightforward though, and outside of variable VEC in the makefile, > you script doesn't look any simpler than the makefile... What > I appreciate, however, is the lack of make recursions (with > the associated multiple "make" processes). > > Give it another week for people to comment on, and then let's get > this in (I'll take care of talking to Tristan when he comes back). > Also, let's delete the old src-release script. > > Some relatively trivial comments below: > >> diff --git a/src-release.sh b/src-release.sh >> new file mode 100755 >> index 0000000..3d41269 >> --- /dev/null >> +++ b/src-release.sh >> @@ -0,0 +1,353 @@ >> +#!/bin/bash > > Can you use /usr/bin/env? People trying to create tarballs for their > own might not be doing it on a GNU/Linux machine, and so bash might > be installed elsewhere. > >> +# Copyright (C) 1990-2014 Free Software Foundation >> +# >> +# This file is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify >> +# it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by >> +# the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or >> +# (at your option) any later version. >> +# >> +# This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, >> +# but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of >> +# MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the >> +# GNU General Public License for more details. >> +# >> +# You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License >> +# along with this program; if not, write to the Free Software >> +# Foundation, Inc., 51 Franklin Street, Fifth Floor, Boston, MA 02110-1301, USA. > > The copyright year range looks correct to me, but the license > should be GPLv3. Thanks for the review. I made the fixes you suggested and will apply the attached patch in the next 24 hours unless somebody objects. -- Will Newton Toolchain Working Group, Linaro