* Could we add relative path in LDFLAGS?
@ 2015-03-03 22:10 loody
From: loody @ 2015-03-03 22:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: binutils@sourceware.org Development

hi all:
When I use configure with LDFLAGS="-L../lib" to set up my local
library, I get compile error.
And it say cannot find the library I specify. But it will be fine if I
use absorptive path.
Could we add relative path in LDFALGS?

appreciate your help in advance,

* Re: Could we add relative path in LDFLAGS?
@ 2015-03-03 23:06 ` Mike Frysinger
From: Mike Frysinger @ 2015-03-03 23:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: loody; +Cc: binutils@sourceware.org Development

On 04 Mar 2015 06:10, loody wrote:
> When I use configure with LDFLAGS="-L../lib" to set up my local
> library, I get compile error.
> And it say cannot find the library I specify. But it will be fine if I
> use absorptive path.
> Could we add relative path in LDFALGS?

are you talking about binutils or something else ?

in binutils, we don't generally use relative paths.  everything should be based
off one of the srcdir/builddir variables that autoconf sets up for us.
-mike

* Re: Could we add relative path in LDFLAGS?
@ 2015-03-04  1:45   ` loody
From: loody @ 2015-03-04  1:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: loody, binutils@sourceware.org Development

hi Mike:

> are you talking about binutils or something else ?
Sorry for not describing my question clear.
I try to corss-compile openocd with below configureation
./configure --build=x86_64-linux-gnu --host=i686-w64-mingw32
--enable-ft2232_ftd2xx --with-ftd2xx-win32-zipdir="../CDMv2-10"
CPPFLAGS="-I../win32/include/libusb-1.0 -I../win32/include/libusb"
LDFLAGS="-L../win32/lib" LIBS=-lusb-1.0 --disable-werror

and during linking stage it complain it cannot find the ../win32/lib.
And it will be ok if I give the absolute address in LDFLAGS.

Does that mean we cannot put relative path in LDFLAGS?
appreciate your kind help,

* Re: Could we add relative path in LDFLAGS?
@ 2015-03-04  3:15     ` Mike Frysinger
From: Mike Frysinger @ 2015-03-04  3:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: loody; +Cc: binutils@sourceware.org Development

On 04 Mar 2015 09:45, loody wrote:
> > are you talking about binutils or something else ?
>
> Sorry for not describing my question clear.
> I try to corss-compile openocd with below configureation

sorry, but this list is for the binutils project.  general cross-compilation
questions don't really fit here.  you might want to ask on the openocd project's
mailing lists for help.
-mike

* Re: Could we add relative path in LDFLAGS?
@ 2015-03-04 10:50       ` loody
From: loody @ 2015-03-04 10:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: loody, binutils@sourceware.org Development

hi Mike:

> On 04 Mar 2015 09:45, loody wrote:
>> > are you talking about binutils or something else ?
>>
>> Sorry for not describing my question clear.
>> I try to corss-compile openocd with below configureation
>
> sorry, but this list is for the binutils project.  general cross-compilation
> questions don't really fit here.  you might want to ask on the openocd project's
> mailing lists for help.
sorry for bothering you. ^^
thanks for your kind help,