On Wed, Aug 9, 2023 at 4:11 PM Andreas Schwab via Binutils < binutils@sourceware.org> wrote: > On Aug 08 2023, Palmer Dabbelt wrote: > > > So the idea is to just objcopy an ELF into a PE for EFI? IIUC that's > > generally the way to go for this sort of thing. In Linux we just have a > > PE header manually embedded in a flat binary, but presumably EFI folks > > want to have objcopy support for some reason? > > My main intention is to let BFD recognize EFI objects so that I can > objdump them easily. The support for objcopy comes in naturally, and > some packages do use objcopy to create EFI objects from ELF (on archs > where BFD supports it). > Passed the binutils regression, and the pei-riscv64 testcase is also passed. I don't familiar with the COFF stuff, but at least the support of objdump and objcopy seems to be working, that's what I can check the most currently. Hope this helps before any expert comments appear ;) Thanks Nelson