* Release 2.25: soon
@ 2014-12-15 14:03 Tristan Gingold
From: Tristan Gingold @ 2014-12-15 14:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Binutils

Hello,

the 2.25 branch looks rather quiet and the end of year is
coming soon.  That gives me 2 reasons to do the 2.25 release,
I hope this week.

If there are patches you'd like to backport, please speak up.

Thanks,
Tristan.

* Re: Release 2.25: soon
@ 2014-12-15 15:17 ` Maciej W. Rozycki
From: Maciej W. Rozycki @ 2014-12-15 15:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Tristan Gingold; +Cc: Catherine Moore, Binutils

On Mon, 15 Dec 2014, Tristan Gingold wrote:

> the 2.25 branch looks rather quiet and the end of year is
> coming soon.  That gives me 2 reasons to do the 2.25 release,
> I hope this week.
>
> If there are patches you'd like to backport, please speak up.

 There's a fix for a rather grave microMIPS GAS relocation handling bug
I'd like to push to trunk and have it backported to 2.25.  I'll do my best
to complete submission by the end of today.

  Maciej

* Re: Release 2.25: soon
@ 2014-12-15 15:19   ` Tristan Gingold
From: Tristan Gingold @ 2014-12-15 15:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Maciej W. Rozycki; +Cc: Catherine Moore, Binutils

> On 15 Dec 2014, at 16:16, Maciej W. Rozycki <macro@codesourcery.com> wrote:
>
> On Mon, 15 Dec 2014, Tristan Gingold wrote:
>
>> the 2.25 branch looks rather quiet and the end of year is
>> coming soon.  That gives me 2 reasons to do the 2.25 release,
>> I hope this week.
>>
>> If there are patches you'd like to backport, please speak up.
>
> There's a fix for a rather grave microMIPS GAS relocation handling bug
> I'd like to push to trunk and have it backported to 2.25.  I'll do my best
> to complete submission by the end of today.

Ok.

* Re: Release 2.25: soon
@ 2015-01-05  8:52 ` Will Newton
From: Will Newton @ 2015-01-05  8:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Tristan Gingold; +Cc: Binutils

On 15 December 2014 at 14:03, Tristan Gingold <gingold@adacore.com> wrote:

Hi Tristan,

> the 2.25 branch looks rather quiet and the end of year is
> coming soon.  That gives me 2 reasons to do the 2.25 release,
> I hope this week.
>
> If there are patches you'd like to backport, please speak up.

Is the 2.25 release done? I see a tag and a tarball but the
sourceware.org page still mentions 2.24.

--
Will Newton
Toolchain Working Group, Linaro

* Re: Release 2.25: soon
@ 2015-01-05  9:20   ` Tristan Gingold
From: Tristan Gingold @ 2015-01-05  9:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Will Newton; +Cc: Binutils

> On 05 Jan 2015, at 09:52, Will Newton <will.newton@linaro.org> wrote:
>
> On 15 December 2014 at 14:03, Tristan Gingold <gingold@adacore.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Tristan,

Hello,

>> the 2.25 branch looks rather quiet and the end of year is
>> coming soon.  That gives me 2 reasons to do the 2.25 release,
>> I hope this week.
>>
>> If there are patches you'd like to backport, please speak up.
>
> Is the 2.25 release done?

Yes, it is now done and just announced.

> I see a tag and a tarball but the
> sourceware.org page still mentions 2.24.

Can you clarify which page ?

https://sourceware.org/binutils/  looks ok to me

Tristan.

* Re: Release 2.25: soon
@ 2015-01-05  9:28     ` Will Newton
From: Will Newton @ 2015-01-05  9:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Tristan Gingold; +Cc: Binutils

On 5 January 2015 at 09:20, Tristan Gingold <gingold@adacore.com> wrote:

>> On 05 Jan 2015, at 09:52, Will Newton <will.newton@linaro.org> wrote:
>>
>> On 15 December 2014 at 14:03, Tristan Gingold <gingold@adacore.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Tristan,
>
> Hello,
>
>>> the 2.25 branch looks rather quiet and the end of year is
>>> coming soon.  That gives me 2 reasons to do the 2.25 release,
>>> I hope this week.
>>>
>>> If there are patches you'd like to backport, please speak up.
>>
>> Is the 2.25 release done?
>
> Yes, it is now done and just announced.

Great, thanks!

>> I see a tag and a tarball but the
>> sourceware.org page still mentions 2.24.
>
> Can you clarify which page ?
>
> https://sourceware.org/binutils/  looks ok to me

Looks ok to me too, I must have been looking at an out of date copy.

--

@ 2015-01-05  9:31       ` Tristan Gingold
From: Tristan Gingold @ 2015-01-05  9:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Will Newton; +Cc: Binutils

>>> I see a tag and a tarball but the
>>> sourceware.org page still mentions 2.24.
>>
>> Can you clarify which page ?
>>
>> https://sourceware.org/binutils/  looks ok to me
>
> Looks ok to me too, I must have been looking at an out of date copy.

No problems, thank you for watching!

Tristan.