* GAS Relocation and Relaxation of 24-bit Address
@ 2007-12-12 18:11 Mark P Anderson
From: Mark P Anderson @ 2007-12-12 18:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: binutils

I'm working on a gas port for a machine that has variable length
instructions that are multiples of 1 byte (8-bits).  The address,
both PC relative and absolute, can be 8-bits, 16-bits or 24-bits
in length that reside in bytes past the opcode bytes.

From looking at the bfd.c code it seems like addresses have to
be either 16-bits or 32-bits when reading or writing to the bfd.
Am I reading the code right?  Am I going to have a big problem
trying to read and write 24-bit addresses?  Am I going to have
problems with variable length, byte-oriented instruction encoding?

* Re: GAS Relocation and Relaxation of 24-bit Address
@ 2007-12-12 18:20 ` DJ Delorie
From: DJ Delorie @ 2007-12-12 18:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mark P Anderson; +Cc: binutils

The m32c port has 24 bit addresses, and supports both gas and ld
relaxation.  See if that offers enough hints for your port.

* Re: GAS Relocation and Relaxation of 24-bit Address
@ 2007-12-12 20:00   ` Mark P Anderson
From: Mark P Anderson @ 2007-12-12 20:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: DJ Delorie; +Cc: binutils, dj

Actually, I was able to find CGEN documentation and the cpu/m32c-* files.

Thanks.