On 31 Oct 2022 13:39, Indu Bhagat wrote: > On 10/30/22 07:15, Mike Frysinger wrote: > > On 30 Oct 2022 00:44, Indu Bhagat via Binutils wrote: > >> [Changes in V3] > >> - Additional diff in sim/ppc/Makefile.in to accommodate libsframe. > >> This is needed to ensure --enable-targets=all continues to build. > >> - Addressed review comments by Mike Frysinger. > > > > this doesn't seem to actually address my comments. you're still poking > > the internals of libtool by accessing files under .libs/. > > gdb does not use libtool yet. you have access to the source. you can change these things. also, gdb & sim are sep projects. > I see that opcodes/Makefile.am bfd/Makefile.am each create a > opcodes/libopcodes.a and bfd/libbfd.a by copying over from the > respective artifact from the .libs/ at build-time. this forces static linking of libraries that are possibly available as shared ones which isn't really what we want -mike