On 14 Oct 2023 07:30, Stafford Horne wrote: > On Fri, Oct 13, 2023 at 05:20:55PM +0545, Mike Frysinger wrote: > > On 19 Aug 2023 08:45, Stafford Horne wrote: > > > This fixes test failures caused by the new linker warning which report: > > > > > > ./ld/ld-new: warning: load.S.x has a LOAD segment with RWX permissions > > > > > > Fix this by splitting the linker MEMORY into ram and rom to avoid > > > generating RWX sections. This required tests to be adjusted to fix > > > issues with the move. Namely: > > > > > > - fpu tests: were incorrectly using l.ori with ha(anchor) which now > > > that we pushed the anchor up in memory it exposes the bug. Update > > > to used the correct l.movhi instruction instead. > > > - adrp test: the test reports ram offset addresses, now that we have > > > moved memory layout around a bit I adjusted the test output. Some > > > padding is added before pi to show that the actual address of pi and > > > the adrp page offset are not the same. > > > > > > Bug: https://sourceware.org/PR29957 > > > > nit: put [PR sim/29957] at the end of the git commit summary (first line) > > > > otherwise, lgtm, thanks > > -mike > > Thanks Mike, > > I actually pushed this long back without the above update after I read Nick's > comment. I for some reason missed that he said he was forwarding to the sim > maintainers. > > Sorry for that. np. had some hardware failures on my main desktop so only just catching up. -mike