On 05 Jan 2024 13:55, Nick Clifton wrote: > >> It is on sourceware itself, in the /sourceware/www/sourceware/htdocs/binutils directory. > > > > so it isn't maintained in a VCS ? > > Sorry, no. :-( > > > only people who have (ssh?) access can change the page ? > > Directly yes. Of course others can always ask to have changes made. > > > i wanted to send patches, but it's not clear how. > > My suggestion - post your patchess to this list as if they were a > change to the sources. If approved - or no-one objects - apply them > to the sourceware repository and ask the FSF webmasters to clone the > change on their copy of the page. > > >>> it's not in CVS as that hasn't been updated since 2017 & binutils-2.29. sourceware.org:/cvs/binutils/htdocs > >> > >> Err, that directory does not appear to exist. > > $ cvs -z9 -d :ext:vapier@sourceware.org:/cvs/binutils co htdocs > > I stand corrected. > > But that is definitely the old version of the docs, before the switch > from cvs to git. sorry i'm not following here. you said it's not maintained in a VCS, but then you talk about switching from cvs to git. or did you mean the main binutils-gdb.git project and not htdocs ? the cvs htdocs was basically abandoned when the main source tree switched from cvs to git ? -mike