On Tue, May 07, 2024 at 05:39:58PM +0100, Nick Clifton wrote: > Hi Guys, > > So here is an augmented version of Alan's patch. All that > it does is to add some documentation and enhance one of the > tests so that it checks ordering the .data section as well > as the .text section. > > Any comments ? > > If there is nothing too seriously wrong with it, I would like > to check the patch in so that we can start testing it in the > real world. We can always augment or change it later on, but > it would be nice to have something that people can play with. ld-scripts/start.s seems to be missing. You might also like to consider adding the attached patch, which removes the need to specify "SECTIONS { }" in --text-ordering-file scripts and gives a syntax error on trying to alter output sections' address, type, alignment etc. Since we ignore them in lang_enter_output_section_statement for --text-ordering-file scripts we probably ought to make it explicit. -- Alan Modra