* Plugin tests in ld testsuite
@ 2020-05-27  3:43 Stephen Casner
From: Stephen Casner @ 2020-05-27  3:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: binutils

I'm trying to fix all the unexpected failures for the pdp11-aout
target in the gas, ld and binutils testsuites.  I fixed a bug in
bfd/pdp11.c that allowed "PASS: plugin claimfile lost symbol", but
I've been tracing the execution of the next test, "plugin claimfile
replace symbol", and I don't see how to fix it.  That test fails
because the func.o module is claimed by the plugin and yet execution
proceeds through loading all the symbols for that module.  The test
fails because the symbols is _not_ undefined.

I am also working on implementation of a pdp11-elf32 target.  That
target does not use the bfd/pdp11.c code at all, yet the same test
fails in the same manner.

Is there a target that passes this test so I can compare the execution
path?  I had hoped to use x86_64-linux-gnu but I have not succeeded in
building a cross for that on my MacOS system.

                                                        -- Steve