* Next release
@ 2008-06-27 19:03 Daniel Jacobowitz
                   ` (3 more replies)
From: Daniel Jacobowitz @ 2008-06-27 19:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: binutils

It's that time again - about a year since the last release of
binutils.

Are there any issues that you'd like addressed before any official
release of the current HEAD?  If so, please let me know.  Otherwise I
plan to make the branch in the next two weeks, and release
approximately a month later.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz
CodeSourcery

* Re: Next release
@ 2003-04-23 16:19 Joern Rennecke
From: Joern Rennecke @ 2003-04-23 16:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Daniel Jacobowitz; +Cc: binutils

I've been trying to test a patch that amends / replaces
Renesas references with SuperH references where appropriate,
but the testsuite keeps finding problems that are not related
to my patch.  In binutils, I found that the readelf -wi test
failed - see
http://sources.redhat.com/ml/binutils/2003-04/msg00415.html
http://sources.redhat.com/ml/binutils/2003-04/msg00416.html
http://sources.redhat.com/ml/binutils/2003-04/msg00420.html

For ld, there are three FAILures and one ERROR which is
not a failurei (???).  One of the FAILs has been introduced
in the last year.

--
--------------------------
SuperH (UK) Ltd.

* Re: Next release
@ 2003-04-02 12:58 Nick Clifton
From: Nick Clifton @ 2003-04-02 12:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: drow; +Cc: binutils

Hi Daniel,

> Binutils version 2.13.2.1 was released three months ago today.  That
> tells me that we're about do for 2.14.

Timed nicely to coincide with gcc 3.3.  Excellent.

> I know there are a couple major instabilities and unsettled issues
> right now; if you know any in particular that you would want
> resolved before a release please tell me.

One thing - I would prefer to wait until the status of the Xtensa port
contribution is settled.  We may have to pull the sources from the
repository if we cannot resolve the auto-generated files issue.

Cheers
        Nick

* Next release
@ 2003-04-01 16:03 Daniel Jacobowitz
From: Daniel Jacobowitz @ 2003-04-01 16:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: binutils

Binutils version 2.13.2.1 was released three months ago today.  That tells
me that we're about do for 2.14.  I know there are a couple major
instabilities and unsettled issues right now; if you know any in particular
that you would want resolved before a release please tell me.  Similarly if
you have any interesting features you're planning to contribute soon, etc.
When I've got a handle on how much needs to settle down before we can
branch, I'll post a schedule.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz

* Re: next release
@ 2001-02-08 10:23 Mark E.
From: Mark E. @ 2001-02-08 10:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: binutils

> Does anybody know what the status is on Linux/MIPS?  I'd also be grateful if
> someone could test the current code on Solaris and DJGPP.

I've been using the current cvs with DJGPP without incident. Problems
discovered with COFF debug info and finding stabs line info have been fixed.
Dwarf2 info works with addr2line, objdump, etc. No complaints here.

Mark

* Re: next release
@ 2001-01-13  4:21 Philip Blundell
From: Philip Blundell @ 2001-01-13  4:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: binutils

On 27 Dec, I wrote:

>So, it's that time again when thoughts inevitably turn to a new version of
>GNU binutils.  I'd like to aim for a release at the start of March, with a
>freeze at the end of January.

I'm not aware of any outstanding problems that should delay the release now.
Unless anything turns up, I plan to make the branch in a week's time, on Jan
20 - this will also be the cut-off date for new features.

Does anybody know what the status is on Linux/MIPS?  I'd also be grateful if
someone could test the current code on Solaris and DJGPP.

p.

* next release
@ 2000-12-27  2:47 Philip Blundell
From: Philip Blundell @ 2000-12-27  2:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: binutils

So, it's that time again when thoughts inevitably turn to a new version of
GNU binutils.  I'd like to aim for a release at the start of March, with a
freeze at the end of January.

If you're sitting on patches for new ports or other features, the next few
weeks are the ideal time to dust 'em off and send 'em in.  If you're working
on something that you'd like to be included, but you aren't sure it will be
ready in time, let me know.

Please test your favourite targets and make sure they are in tip-top condition.
If you know of bugs, or missing functionality, speak out now.

Thanks

p.