From: Nick Clifton <nickc@redhat.com>
To: Indu Bhagat <indu.bhagat@oracle.com>, binutils@sourceware.org
Subject: Re: Question regarding min reqd dejagnu version
Date: Mon, 3 Oct 2022 11:23:18 +0100	[thread overview]

Hi Indu,

> I am wondering what should be the expectation here. Is there a minimum version of dejagnu that can be expected from the users ?

At the moment, no.  There nearest thing that I could find was this text in
gdb/README:

    Running the testsuite requires the prior installation of DejaGNU,
    which is generally available via ftp.  The directory
    ftp://sources.redhat.com/pub/dejagnu/ will contain a recent snapshot.

There is a function to test for dejagnu.h in config/acinclude.m4, but as
far as I can tell it is never used.

Based upon what you have discovered I would guess that a minimum of
Dejagnu 1.5.3 is required, do you agree ?  (I was going to suggest 1.5.2
but it appears that the 1.5.3 release came out a month later, which
suggests that it was issued in order to fix an important bug).

Cheers
   Nick