Hi Jan, On 2/12/2024 8:00 AM, Jan Beulich wrote: > Srinath, > > may I ask against what specification these were written? There are many > aspects I can't bring in line with what DDI0596 from December has, i.e. > even newer than the patch (dating back to October), to a degree that I > have to even question gas/NEWS stating (supposedly complete) support for > the feature: > > 1) dupq uses encodings different from the doc, in part resulting in > supposedly reserved encodings (tsz=0). > > 2) extq uses syntax (operands) pretty different from what the doc says. > > 3) ld1q and st1q expect a plain first register operand, not one enclosed > in figure braces. > > 4) ld2q, ld3q, ld4q, st2q, st3q, and st4q don't permit a wrapping > sequence of vector registers, when the doc using "modulo" imo can't be > read any way other than meaning to permit that. > > 5) ld2q's scalar plus scalar encoding has bits 13 and 14 set, which is > inconsistent not only with the doc, but also with ld3q and ld4q. > > 6) ld3q/st3q and ld4q/st4q scalar plus immediate forms demand an immediate > that's a multiple of 2, when the doc says 3 and 4 respectively. Thanks for the email and posting the issues with the sve2p1 instructions. I have checked the above mentioned instructions against the latest specs, the documentation is correct and the issues are from the posted patches (needs further tests as well). I will create a bugzilla (if it isn't created already) ticket for all the mentioned instructions and work on fixing those issues. > 7) orqv, pmov, tblq, tbxq, uzpq{1,2}, and zipq{1,2} are entirely missing. I'm aware the above mentioned instructions are missing in binutils and I'm currently working on adding support for these instructions. I will update you once the patches are committed. Regards, Srinath > Despite being newer it's of course possible that documentation is what > actually needs fixing. Can you please clarify which way it is? > > Thanks, Jan