Hi Alan, > Failures are seen on mips targets. > > mipsel-linux-gnu +FAIL: MIPS PIC relocation 6 (MIPS16) *sigh* I had noticed these, but thought that they were due to an unrelated problem. :-( > The first failure is due to this symbol > 4: 00000000 0 NOTYPE LOCAL DEFAULT [MIPS16] 1 $LCL > being chosen rather than > 11: 00000000 32 FUNC GLOBAL DEFAULT [MIPS16] 1 foo > for an error on the first address of foo. Even if the address fit is > better, I think a NOTYPE LOCAL ought to not be chosen over a > FUNC GLOBAL. Agreed. I am checking in the attached patch to address this problem. It prefers function symbols over non-function symbols and typed symbols over notype symbols. I was not sure if we should prefer LOCAL symbols over GLOBALS so I did not add code for that. Cheers Nick