* Re: [cygwin@cwilson.fastmail.fm: Re: 1.5.0 - showstopper?]
@ 2003-07-17 15:48 Nick Clifton
From: Nick Clifton @ 2003-07-17 15:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: binutils; +Cc: cgf, cwilson

Hi Guys,

  I am applying a patch from Charles Wilson to pe-dll.c.  It has been
  discussed on the Cygwin list and although it is a workaround for a
  bug in cygwin, I think that it is useful that we have it in the
  sources.

Cheers
        Nick

@ 2003-07-17 21:13 ` Christopher Faylor
From: Christopher Faylor @ 2003-07-17 21:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nick Clifton; +Cc: binutils, cwilson

On Thu, Jul 17, 2003 at 04:33:53PM +0100, Nick Clifton wrote:
>I am applying a patch from Charles Wilson to pe-dll.c.  It has been
>discussed on the Cygwin list and although it is a workaround for a bug
>in cygwin, I think that it is useful that we have it in the sources.

I wouldn't characterize it as a bug in cygwin as much as a limitation
in windows.

cgf

* Re: [cygwin@cwilson.fastmail.fm: Re: 1.5.0 - showstopper?]
@ 2003-07-18  8:03   ` Nick Clifton
From: Nick Clifton @ 2003-07-18  8:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: binutils; +Cc: cwilson

Hi Chris,

> On Thu, Jul 17, 2003 at 04:33:53PM +0100, Nick Clifton wrote:
>>I am applying a patch from Charles Wilson to pe-dll.c.  It has been
>>discussed on the Cygwin list and although it is a workaround for a bug
>>in cygwin, I think that it is useful that we have it in the sources.
>
> I wouldn't characterize it as a bug in cygwin as much as a limitation
> in windows.

Oops sorry - I did not mean to denigrate cygwin.

Cheers
        Nick

* Re: [abcd@xxx.yyy.zzz: Re: 1.5.0 - showstopper?]
@ 2003-07-19 21:10     ` Charles Wilson
From: Charles Wilson @ 2003-07-19 21:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: binutils

Nick, please fix your mail software.  It's nice that you applied the
patch, and all, and I realize that using a public mailing list, as I do
often, puts one's email out there for the harvesters.

But at least the sourceware and gnu lists munge the addresses in the
headers before archiving them:

# From: Alan Modra <amodra at bigpond dot net dot au>
# To: "H. J. Lu" <hjl at lucon dot org>
# Cc: Richard Henderson <rth at redhat dot com>, binutils at sources dot
redhat dot com

This munging, according to a CNET field test, is surprisingly effective.
  However, if you embed somebody's email address in the subject line it
does not get munged.

I realize that any spammer could simply sign up to any mailing list to
harvest a ton of valid addresses.  But please let's not make it too easy
for the web spiders.

Thanks,
Chuck