* linker abfd
@ 2003-11-29 13:40 Vineet Sharma, Noida
From: Vineet Sharma, Noida @ 2003-11-29 13:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'binutils@sources.redhat.com'

Hi,
     I just wanted to know that if we link two file (say link1.out and
link2.out) then bfd makes two "abfd"(for both file).
So does the bfd genreic part combines the both "abfd",.If not who does it
and how.

My problem is i am unable to resolve external symbols(from one abfd to
another abfd)? How do i access the global symbol table in BFD? Iam trying to
resolve the symbols in coff_XXX_reloc() in coff-XXX.c. I am totally stuck at
this point any help suggestion would be of great help.

Regards
Vineet

* Re: linker abfd
@ 2003-11-29 14:36 ` Ian Lance Taylor
From: Ian Lance Taylor @ 2003-11-29 14:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Vineet Sharma, Noida; +Cc: 'binutils@sources.redhat.com'

"Vineet Sharma, Noida" <vineets@noida.hcltech.com> writes:

>      I just wanted to know that if we link two file (say link1.out and
> link2.out) then bfd makes two "abfd"(for both file).
> So does the bfd genreic part combines the both "abfd",.If not who does it
> and how.

See the ``Linker Functions'' section in the BFD manual, or just read
the long comment at the top of linker.c (the former is generated by
the latter).

Ian