* .text, .data and .bbs!!
@ 2010-12-04 11:18 ali hagigat
From: ali hagigat @ 2010-12-04 11:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: binutils

I want to write a C or Assembly program and compile it by GNU GCC. Is
it possible to compile(or assemble) the code so that the final object
code does not have any .text, .data and .bss sections?
Generating these sections are compulsory by GCC?

* Re: .text, .data and .bbs!!
@ 2010-12-06 23:19 ` Ian Lance Taylor
From: Ian Lance Taylor @ 2010-12-06 23:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ali hagigat; +Cc: binutils

ali hagigat <hagigatali@gmail.com> writes:

> I want to write a C or Assembly program and compile it by GNU GCC. Is
> it possible to compile(or assemble) the code so that the final object
> code does not have any .text, .data and .bss sections?
> Generating these sections are compulsory by GCC?

It's not gcc, but the GNU assembler, which always creates those
sections.  And the GNU assembler does always create those sections;
I don't know of any way to disable that.

Ian