* decreasing location counter outside an output section
@ 2011-01-24 15:01 ali hagigat
From: ali hagigat @ 2011-01-24 15:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: binutils

The location counter may not be moved backwards
inside an output section, and may not be moved backwards outside of an
output section if
so doing creates areas with overlapping LMAs.
I wonder if anybody can give an example when the location counter is
moved backwards outside of an output section leads to overlapping
LMAs.

* Re: decreasing location counter outside an output section
@ 2011-01-24 17:43 ` Ian Lance Taylor
From: Ian Lance Taylor @ 2011-01-24 17:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ali hagigat; +Cc: binutils

ali hagigat <hagigatali@gmail.com> writes:

> The location counter may not be moved backwards
> inside an output section, and may not be moved backwards outside of an
> output section if
> so doing creates areas with overlapping LMAs.
> I wonder if anybody can give an example when the location counter is
> moved backwards outside of an output section leads to overlapping
> LMAs.

Tryu putting . = . - 1024 in some linker script between two output
sections.

Ian