On Oct 18, 2002, Thiemo Seufer wrote: > Alexandre Oliva wrote: >> On Oct 18, 2002, Thiemo Seufer wrote: >> >> >> +LIB_PATH=/usr/lib32 >> >> > How will this work in a cross-compile environment? >> >> It won't. Typically, the compiler overrides these anyway. > Oh, ok, so this is a missing feature in GLD in general. It could be argued so. From some earlier discussions about the --with-sysroot patch for GCC, I got the impression that Daniel Jacobowitz might have something for ld that would get ld smarter in this sense. Dan, is this true? > Please note that /lib32:/usr/lib32 is better to find e.g. libc. > (IRIX has symlinks, but other systems probably not). Fixed below. > GLD was/is not regularily in use on IRIX, so I guess cross compilation > therre was only little used if at all. Indeed. > Then at least the path should be disabled for cross builds (as in > e.g. elf64ppc.sh) to reduce confusion. Thanks for the pointer. I fixed a typo in it, and adopted some of the code for mips n32 and elf64 too. This is what I came up with. Ok to install?